RE2 Robotics is a growing company with a start-up attitude and a dynamic culture. RE2 specializes in research and development of robotic systems for DoD and emergency responders. While we have experience in many aspects of robotics, our core focus is in modular manipulation systems. The RE2 staff consists of electrical, mechanical, and software engineers focused on developing products that can be fielded to our military and emergency responders to enable safer and more efficient operations that can ultimately save lives. The fast-paced, dynamic team environment enables team members to work on a variety of interesting projects while gaining new skills and knowledge. If you enjoy working in fast-paced technology development, please apply to our open positions below. To learn more about why RE2 is a great place to work, check out our Recruiting page.
The controller position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, revenue and cash projections, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Controller will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning and budget management functions and will ensure that RE2 complies with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) requirements for contractors and subcontractors. The Controller reports to the Vice President of Operations. Do you possess the following? If so, Learn More!
The following requirements are absolute for this position:
- B.A. in Business, Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience with GAAP based accounting methods
- Experience in preparing financial projections
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency in order to comply with government contracts
The Electrical Engineer works in a cooperative team environment with other electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, designers and technicians. Designs, analyzes and tests robotic systems, sub-systems and components and supports them in production. Prepares design specifications, electrical CAD drawings, test specifications and technical reports. Reports to Manager of Electrical Engineering. At a fundamental level, the following requirements are absolute for this position. At a fundamental level, the following requirements are absolute for this position. Do you possess the following? If so, Learn More!
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of three (3) years of engineering work experience
- Proficiency in electronic CAD and printed circuit board design (Altium preferred)
- Working knowledge of embedded hardware design and interfacing; microcontrollers; embedded communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet, I2C, SPI)
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency in order to comply with Government Contracts.
Principal Research Scientist
Working in a cooperative environment with other Principal Research Scientists/Investigators, Project Managers, Engineers, and Executive Management, the Principal Research Scientist understands the strategic mission and core capabilities of RE2 Robotics along with relevant technologies to define research topics and develop research proposals to advance RE2 technology in critical new directions. He/she leads the research and development of RE2 Robotics’ efforts in autonomous and semi-autonomous manipulation, including implementing state-of-the-art machine learning to the problems of computer vision and manipulator path-planning. At a fundamental level, the following requirements are absolute for this position. Do you possess the following? If so, apply today!
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or other related field with a minimum of 5 years of progressive research experience in vision processing or autonomy/artificial intelligence
- Experience putting together winning research proposals and/or compelling academic papers designed to generate interest in a new idea or concept
- Experience in leading and managing a small team of researchers with constrained budget and schedule to achieve technical success.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
The Software Engineer is a member of a multi-disciplinary team working on designing and implementing robotic systems, including manipulators, sensors, and systems integration. The Software Engineer possesses several years of practical experience in working with software and hardware.
At a fundamental level, the following requirements are absolute for this position. Do you possess the following? If so, Learn More!
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent) with a minimum of 4 years of progressive software engineering work experience
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, C#, or Python
- Proficiency in the use of multiple operating systems, including Windows and multiple flavors of Linux
- Experience in one of the following, computer vision processing, machine learning, autonomy/artificial intelligence, manipulator path-planning
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency in order to comply with Government Contract requirements
Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Engineer works in a cooperative team environment with other mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, designers and technicians. Designs, analyzes and tests robotic systems and components and supports them in production. Prepares design specifications, mechanical drawings, test specifications and technical reports. Reports to Manager of Mechanical Engineering. At a fundamental level, the following requirements are absolute for this position. Do you possess the following? If so, Learn More!
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of engineering work experience
- Proficiency in precision machine design in low to medium quantities (1 to 1000 units) using a formal design process; progressing from requirements analysis through component design, system design, and assembly.
- Proficiency in integrated system design and analysis using 3D CAD/CAE, to include structural and thermal analysis, drive train design, motor specification, material/finish selection, and manufacturing processes.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency in order to comply with Government Contract
Interested candidates must be either a U.S. citizen or possess a Permanent Residency Card in order to comply with Government Contracts.
RE2 values the diverse talents and contributions of our team members. We hire on the basis of individual qualifications and ability relative to job requirements.
RE2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
When submitting your resume, please make sure it is in PDF format. Thank You!