Highly Dexterous Manipulation System (HDMS)
The HDMS includes dual robotic manipulator arms and a moveable humanoid torso that can be easily mounted onto a robotic platform to efficiently conduct a variety of missions, including explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) operations, manufacturing, healthcare, and others.
RE2’s HDMS product line, which was designed specifically for mobile systems, is extremely flexible and configurable. The HDMS is available in multiple dexterity configurations, including, but not limited to 11, 15 or 16 degrees-of-freedom (DoF).
Tele-operated control is achieved using RE2’s Imitative Controller technology. Traditional controller methods (i.e. dials/switches, gaming controllers, etc.) are not practical for effectively and efficiently controlling highly dexterous manipulator arms, especially dual-arm systems. The RE2 Imitative Controller provides highly intuitive control of dexterous dual-arm manipulation systems.
Features and Benefits:
- Highly Dexterous
- Power-dense –11 DoF system weighs 33.5 pounds but can lift over 100 pounds
- Efficient – runs off of standard DC voltages and draws minimal current
- Fast – moves over 90 degrees per second per joint
- Affordable compared to competitive systems
- Highly Reliable – utilizes proven commercial-off-the-shelf components
- Open Architecture – supports JAUS or ROS communication protocols
- Compatible with the AEODRS architecture
- Compatible with the US Army’s IOP (interoperability profiles)
- Vehicle Independent – can be mounted on any JAUS or ROS based robotic platform
The Highly Dexterous Manipulation System datasheet includes specs, compatibility and benefits of this dual-arm system.