UNDERWATER ROBOTIC MANIPULATION
RE2 Robotics is currently developing underwater manipulation technology to support the U.S. Navy's Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) efforts. The integration of cost-effective and reliable single and dual-arm manipulation systems onto ROV and AUVs promises to bring stand-off capabilities to EOD technicians operating underwater. These capabilities translate to a variety of underwater manipulation tasks, including operations in the Oil & Gas Industry.
Our team can help you implement robotic technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your operations.
Our electrical, mechanical, and software engineers, seasoned technicians, and researchers possess a variety of core competencies that enable RE2 to perform cutting-edge robotics research for our customers – both direct DoD customers and prime contract partners. Our areas of expertise, include, but are not limited to:
- Underwater, Air, and Ground Robotics
- Next-generation Modular Manipulation
- Electrical Design, Mechanical Design & Software Development
- Embedded Systems Development
- Human-Robot Interfaces
- Interoperability Standards
- Sensor & Systems Integration
- Prototyping, Field-testing & Post-production Support
- Electro-mechanical Manipulation
- Submersible Operation
- ROV & AUV Integration
- Intuitive Control
- High Strength to Weight Ratio (3:1-10:1 typical)
- MIL-SPEC Compliant (810G)
- High Energy Efficiency
- Longer Operating Range
- Tight Vehicle Integration
- Short Operator Learning-curve
- High Dexterity Manipulation (16 DoF+)
- Arm Weight: 4.5 lbs (2.0 kg)
- Maximum Lift Capacity: 11.7 lbs (5.3 kg)
- Maximum Reach: 30.6 inches (77.7 cm)"
- DoF: 4 within arm, optional gripper
- Operating Voltage (DC): 24
- Arm Weight: 33.5 lbs (15.2 kg)
- Maximum Lift Capacity: 120 lbs (54.4 kg)
- Maximum Reach: 43 inches (109.2 cm)
- DoF: Optional 11, 15, or 16, optional grippers
- Operating Voltage (DC): 24 - 60
Imitative Robotic Controller: IC
Extremely intuitive control interface that allows novice users to execute complex tasks using dual-manipulations systems integrated onto a robotic platform within minutes of training
RE2 Datasheets include technical details and specs for our robotic systems.
The Highly Dexterous Manipulation System datasheet includes specs, compatibility and benefits of this dual-arm system.
Benefits of a Dual-Arm Robotic System is the first in a four-part eBook Series about Mobile Manipulation. In this eBook you will discover the technical details, benefits, and unique capabilities of a Highly Dexterous Manipulation System.
Imitative Control: An Essential Tool for Dexterous Manipulation is the second in a four-part eBook Series about Mobile Manipulation. In this eBook you will learn the importance of using an imitative controller for completing dexterous tasks while operating a mobile robot.
Learn more about RE2 technology, news and industry insights in our Resource Center. Gain access to our latest technical datasheets, technology eBooks, videos, industry articles, and more.
Let RE2 help you solve your most challenging engineering problems using our robotics, autonomy, and systems integration!